Children’s auditions for The Brown-Forman Nutcracker are this Sunday, August 26th!
Calling all Louisville Ballet School Students, Elementary 1 level and above!
The audition application deadline was extended to today, Friday, August 24th at 3pm! Please submit forms in person at the Downtown Studios. Walk-ups the day of the audition will also be accepted.*
Reminders and tips for this Sunday, 8/26 -
PLEASE NOTE that the Louisville Ironman is also taking place on Sunday, 8/26. Click here for complete road closures.
- Please allow extra time to get to the Studio. Please do not park in the Louisville Ballet parking lot. Please prepare for Main Street traffic to be heavy and for parking to be limited.
- We regret that due to space constraints, NO PARENT OR GUARDIAN will be allowed inside for any reason during the audition period. You may drop off students in front of the Louisville Ballet building to be escorted by chaperones into the building. To sign your child in you will receive a slip of paper with your student’s name on it; you must have this slip to pick up your child.
- Please return to the studio 30 minutes before your child is due to finish. Your child will be at the front door when he/she has finished auditioning and your name will be called to come and sign the child out of the audition. You will need their name slip to pick them up at that time.
(*The late fee of $10 now applies.)
- If a student meets the height requirements but is not in the specified level to audition for a role, they are eligible to audition anyway.
- A change to the 2012 Audition Packet: the minimum height for the Mice is 4’ 2” not 4’ 4”.
- Your child must arrive promptly 30 minutes before the designated audition time for the particular role(s) for which they are auditioning.
- Please check height requirements and measure carefully. Students will be expected to audition for all roles for which they are eligible. Students will be re-measured at check-in.
- Children who are eligible to audition for more than one role and will be auditioning past 11:15 am will be asked to stay in the building to eat lunch. (Please send your child to the audition with a nutritious and tidy brown bag lunch, if applicable.)
The audition will be held at the Downtown Studios:
315 E. Main St., Louisville, KY 40202
See everyone on Sunday!