Position: Development Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development
Louisville Ballet seeks a candidate to fill the role of Development Coordinator. The Development Coordinator plays an integral role in the success of the organization by participating in all fundraising activities, representing Louisville Ballet in the community and achieving administrative goals for activities and programs. Working closely with the Director of Development and Development Manager, the Development Coordinator will take responsibility for ensuring timely, accurate, and efficient processes within the department. The preferred candidate will possess a patron-centered attitude; attention to detail; passion for the arts; and, a desire to advance his/her career in philanthropy.
- Manage administrative details for the punctual submission of government, foundation and corporate grants including but not limited to: drafting, editing, reporting and providing supplemental materials.
- Coordinate and oversee details for stewardship events including but not limited to: invitations, volunteers, guest lists, gathering and preparing event materials, organizing catering, and facility set-up.
- Maintain and analyze donor data and fundraising reports for accurate records and tracking purposes.
- Process daily donations; prepare donation deposits, acknowledgement letters, and other correspondence.
- Complete the fulfillment of donor benefits offered to individual donors, company sponsors, and family foundations.
- Responsible for the management of a young professional donor society and other third-party fundraising activities.
- Oversee and maintain donor and prospect mailing lists.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
The Development Coordinator must possess:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an administrative position – preferably in a not-for-profit.
- Fundraising database management experience – eTapestry preferred.
- Proven experience in the ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, verbally, electronically, and in writing.
- Ability to meet frequent deadlines.
- Experience in working independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
The Development Coordinator is often expected to work late and weekend hours as related to the performance and special events schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following materials to Diane Davis, Director of Development, firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover letter
• One writing sample
Include Development Coordinator Search in the subject line. No phone calls, please.