Position: Development Manager
Reports to: Director of Development
Louisville Ballet is seeking a candidate for the newly-created Development Manager position. The Development Manager plays an integral role in the success of the organization by participating in all fundraising activities, representing Louisville Ballet in the community and achieving fundraising goals for activities and programs. Working closely with the Director of Development, the Development Manager will assume responsibility for an individual annual giving campaign and major fundraising events. The preferred candidate will possess a passion for the arts; a patron-centered attitude and a desire to advance his/her career in philanthropy.
- Manage and execute a three (3)-year annual giving plan to move a portfolio of mid- to low-range donors to higher giving levels; includes a direct mail campaign.
- Lead in the planning, organizing and direction of two major fundraising events.
- Identify grantors, write proposals and grant reports.
- Meet prospective and current donors on a continual basis to establish effective communications.
- Manage a development department calendar in collaboration with the Development Coordinator.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Assist in the identification of planned gift prospects.
- Oversee electronic giving and other fundraising drives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
The Development Manager must possess:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative position – preferably in a not-for-profit.
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Fundraising database experience – eTapestry preferred.
- Proven experience in the ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in working independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
The Development Manager is often expected to work late and weekend hours as related to the performance and special events schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following materials to email@example.com:
• Cover letter
• One writing sample
Include Development Manager Search in the subject line. No phone calls, please.