Position: Development Manager
Reports to: Director of Development
The Development Manager plays an integral role in the success of Louisville Ballet by participating in all fundraising activities, representing Louisville Ballet in the community and achieving fundraising goals for activities and programs. Working closely with the Director of Development, the Development Manager will assume responsibility for an individual annual giving campaign and major fundraising events. The preferred candidate will possess strong written and verbal skills; a passion for the arts; a patron-centered attitude and a desire to advance his/her career in philanthropy.
- Create, manage and execute a comprehensive three (3) year annual fund plan; includes an integrated communications strategy featuring direct mail, email, and digital media.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, steward and renew a portfolio of base and mid level prospects and donors via digital, direct mail, event and in-person activities.
- Support the planning and execution of two major fundraising events annually.
- Work with the Director of Development to identify and coordinate grant applications.
- Partner with the Development Coordinator to manage a department timeline.
- Maintain and track gift recognition programs.
- Assist in the identification of planned gift prospects.
- Oversee electronic giving and other fundraising drives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
The Development Manager must possess:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of three years’ professional experience – preferably in a nonprofit.
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a collaborative, customer-service attitude.
- Experience in project management and event execution.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Fundraising database / CRM software experience – eTapestry preferred.
- Proven experience in time management and an ability to prioritize competing deadlines.
- Experience working independently to achieve individual and team goals; be a self starter.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and a patron-centered attitude at all times.
The Development Manager must be willing to work evening and weekend hours as related to the performance and special events schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following materials to Kate Bonner, Director of Development, email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Two (2) professional references
No phone calls, please.