Director of Marketing
Reports to: Artistic & Executive Director
Full-time Exempt Employee
The Director of Marketing oversees the strategic planning, daily management and implementation of all marketing and communications for Louisville Ballet. The Director of Marketing is responsible for Louisville Ballet’s overall brand continuity, audience development through marketing, public relations and promotional activities and programs. This position also steers marketing plan development for The Louisville Ballet School and guides their marketing and communications standards. In addition, this position plays a strong role in furthering the Ballet’s vision and mission into the community through outreach, events and community/cultural partnerships and plays a significant role in the development, assessment and implementation of Louisville Ballet’s Strategic Plan.
Marketing and Business Administration
● Create and administer an annual Company marketing plan and calendar, including devising and planning to direct all marketing initiatives with cohesive execution across all communication channels.
● Oversee database management (tessitura) and initiate plans for market research. Use data to implement market segmentation, targeting and pricing strategies and modify approaches as needed.
● Negotiate and manage annual contract, budget and deliverables with Agency(ies) of Record, which includes a comprehensive media buy as well as all season-related print and digital creative materials.
● Collaborate with Directors of Development and Education to deploy marketing strategies in support of departmental goals. Provides budget oversight and industry specific tools.
● Develop, with the Artistic & Executive Director, an annual budget that includes season ticket buyer and single ticket sales forecast and the ability to proactively adjust plans and strategies to maximize ROI. Currently responsible for $1M of ticket revenue and managing related expenses.
● Oversee operations of the Box Office, as carried out by the Marketing Manager and the Patron Services Manager.
● Monitor and report on sales in real time to react as needed and develop promotions and incentives.
● Strategically develop relationships with corporate sectors to increase ticket sales.
● Manage all media requests and public inquiries and cultivate strong press relationships.
● Act as liaison and partner with The Kentucky Center, Cultural Partners and other artistic and community partners’ marketing and communications staffs.
● Develop and maintain strong and cooperative relationships with other local, regional and national arts and tourism organizations
● Coordinate with the Artistic & Executive Director to articulate an artistic vision of the Company in the marketplace and create new media opportunities for maximum visibility and presentation.
● Oversee and uphold brand standards.
● Oversee all freelance creative, including videography, photography and graphic design.
● Develop, write and edit all promotional materials, in conjunction with advertising agency and
● Oversee all social media content, implemented by Marketing & Sales Manager.
● Oversee maintenance of all photographic documentation of Company’s productions and events
and the Company’s photographic and media archives.
Must possess impeccable communication skills, be self-motivated, and approach problems with innovation and resourcefulness. This position requires a high-degree of responsibility and productivity, successfully juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. Candidates must be able to communicate with members of the Board of Directors.
The Director of Marketing & Communications must possess:
● Bachelors and/or Advanced Degree in Communications, Marketing or a related field
● Minimum of 2 years in a similar role
The Director of Marketing & Communications must have experience with:
● Budgeting and forecasting
● Social media campaigns/maintenance
● Strategic and/or project planning
● Managing a team
● Performing or visual arts organizations
● Excel, Word and Google Docs
● Story telling using visual images
The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for direct reports (currently Patron Services Manager and Marketing & Sales Manager). This position will include some evening and weekend hours as related to the performance and production schedule. Salary range $50K to $60K depending on experience.
To apply send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter.