The Complementary Program classes are designed for new and continuing students wishing to create a more dynamic class schedule or supplement their ballet training with elective classes. Complementary Program classes are also open to non-Classical Ballet Program students wishing to explore other styles of movement. Our instructors are qualified to assess a student’s level in class and to make appropriate recommendations upon request. Students enrolled in the Classical Ballet Program or one Complementary Program class will receive a 50% tuition discount on any additional Complementary Program class(es). Classes are available for ages 6 – 18. Students are placed in class levels according to their age and level of dance experience. Classes are held at the St. Matthews and Downtown Studios.
*Body Conditioning $225 per semester or $61.25 per month with 4 Installment Plan
**Modern Levels 3 & 4 Included in Pre-Professional Program Tuition
All Other Electives $450 per semester or $117.50 per month with 4 Installment Plan
|Class||Corresponding Ballet Level||Day||Time||Instructor||Location|
|Modern 1||Classical Ballet II – IV
or ages 7 – 11
|Tuesday||6:15 – 7:15 pm||Lauren
|Modern 2||Classical Ballet V – IX
or ages 11 – 18
|Thursday||4:45 – 5:45 pm||Lauren
|**Modern 3||Pre-Professional 1 – 2||Wednesday||4:30 – 6:00 pm||Theresa Bautista/Lauren
|**Modern 4||Pre-Professional 3 – 6||Wednesday||4:30 – 6:00 pm||Lauren Frederick/Theresa Bautista||Downtown|
|Jazz/Tap 1||Classical Ballet I – III
or ages 6 – 10
|Thursday||6:00 – 7:00 pm||Olivia Eckert||St. Matthews|
|Jazz 2/3||Pre-Req: 1-2 Years Jazz/Tap Experience||Wednesday||6:30 – 7:30 pm||Theresa Bautista/Lauren Frederick||St. Matthews|
|Tap 2/3||Pre-Req: 1-2 Years Jazz/Tap Experience||Wednesday||5:30 – 6:30 pm||Maddie Shackleton||St. Matthews|
|Hip Hop||Classical Ballet V – IX, Pre-Professional 2,
or ages 10 – 18
|Friday||6:45 – 7:45 pm||Phillip Hancock||St. Matthews|
|*Body Conditioning||Classical Ballet V – IX
or ages 10 – 18
|Wednesday||4:00 – 4:30 pm||Tracy
- Modern ladies wear a solid-colored leotard with pink or black convertible tights and bare feet. Boys and young men wear a tight-fitting, solid-colored t-shirt, jazz pants with dance belt, and bare feet.
- Jazz ladies wear a solid-colored leotard, leggings or jazz pants, and black jazz shoes with socks or tights. Boys and young men wear a tight-fitting, solid-colored t-shirt, jazz pants with dance belt, and black jazz shoes with socks. (No jazz sneakers, please.)
- Tap students may wear a solid-colored leotard or a solid-colored t-shirt, jazz pants, and black tap shoes with socks.
- Body Conditioning students may wear yoga or other similar work out wear and bare feet.
- No watches or jewelry may be worn except small earrings. For further details please view our Student Handbook.